PDA

View Full Version : Still some bass on top

Rodney D.
11-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I took my Dad out last Monday to a "private pond" I have access to and we were able to catch some so I finally remembered to bring a camera (well, phone camera anyway) and my dad took some pictures. We caught 8 fish and this was pretty typical of the size. The first pic. is of the fish, the second one is the Sage and Lamson add and the third is a picture of the pond. We had a great time. Oh, by the way, I have to give a big "thank you" to one of my co-workers, Maggie who helped me finally get into the 21st century by adding the pictures.

Scott V
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Nice looking pond. Nomatter what time of the year it is I always throw top water, there is usually one or two fish that are willing to take something on top.

Rodney D.
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey Scott,
This is the pond I wanted to take y'all to last winter but we didn't hook up. I still want to take a group out there and get some free casting/fishing lessons. My flyfishing could always need some help...especially fishing clousers. We should try and hook up in the spring... I have had some great days out there in March.

Scott V
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Whenever you want company out there or anywhere drop me a line. Heck I would even go now. With the way the weather has been I am tempted to hit one of my favorite private waters in Lodi this weekend. It holds fish like this.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0096.jpg

Rodney D.
12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
That's huge. I'd like to catch a striper that big. The biggest bass caught out of the pond I fish is 8.25 lbs. There are only northern strain largemouths in that pond...that one you have looks like a Florida Strain. Nice.

Adam Grace
12-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Good for you Rodney!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Scott V......................you are holding out on us.

That is a very cool photo....................

Scott V
12-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Scott V......................you are holding out on us.

That is a very cool photo....................

That beauty was not caught on a fly but on a monster sized swim bait. The bait is so heavy that it wakes waves when it is cast and hits the water.

Hairstacker
12-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Great stuff Rodney! Pretty cool to be catching 'em in mid-November on such pretty water while wearing a short-sleeved shirt. Looks like it was a gorgeous day with virtually no wind. :cool:

Scott -- That is one heck of a NICE bass!