PDA

View Full Version : Craig Ziegler speaks...........from Oregon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-20-2008, 07:50 AM
I was talking with Galen Geller (Oregon salmon) on the phone last night and he put me on his speaker phone because Craig was there with him. They both have lived in Seaside, Oregon for a long time but started their fly fishing careers at my shop many years ago.

Craig has been guiding in Alaska at those high end fly out lodges for over 20 years. I connected him with Al Perryman who was guiding up there and it's all history from there.

While in Seaside they (Craig, Mike McCune, Scott O'Donnell) have been guiding fly fishers for salmon and steelhead in Oregon and Washington for that long as well.

The two of them ( Craig & Galen) went out yesterday to try some new flies Craig dreamed up and Geller tied. They went to the Nehalem River and Craig caught a nice silver Salmon. They would have eaten it last night but you can't keep silver right now.

Craig said that two handed is the only way he fishes now and he is converting Geller as we speak.

Craig said one of his favorite two handed rods is the TFO Professional 13'3" #8 - 4pc that runs $275.00 usd.