PDA

View Full Version : Break-ins on the American

Phil Synhorst
11-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Everyone, from time to time the subject of vehichle break-ins on the American comes up. I went to the Parks Dept. today and spoke with Officer John Havicon, he is kinda overseeing this for the Park Rangers. He is putting together the "Parkway Safety Coalition List", a newsletter to let the public know what is going on, i.e. hotspots for trouble, etc. If you would like to get the emails his address is HaviconJ@SacCounty.net. He also gave me the website for a group called Save the American River Association, they are at www.sarariverwatch.org.

Hope this helps, Phil

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Not to be negative but I heard (many years ago) that the people who patrol the river have almost never made an arrest?

Could be a rumor but it would not surprise me at all.

With budgets as they are we are pretty much alone here, just like in the days of the old Wild West.

Charlie Gonzales
11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
The last time I spoke with a Ranger, he said they were being trained to finger print cars, and had already made a couple arrest.

Phil Synhorst
11-13-2008, 06:44 PM
According to Off. Havicon, most of the Rangers are now trained to take finger prints. They have made 8 arrests from the summer to present. I think it may have been mentioned in a previous thread, they are also involved in a "sting" operation with the Sheriff's Dept.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Sounds encouraging...........