PDA

View Full Version : DVD is finished

Jay Murakoshi
11-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I just finished up our first DVD "Bass Blast Vol. 1" It's been a long project to work on.
The first thing I had to do was learn a computer and then into Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro. Most of the work was done in FCE.

Anyway, they will be on sale starting Thursday !!!!!!

The price is $14.95 + tax, S&H. I'm hoping to get copies into a few shops and we will be selling them at all the upcoming shows in 2009.

Here's a picture of the cover

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_4219.jpg

Thanks Bill for letting me post this message

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
11-11-2008, 01:05 AM
OH YEAH,

you can order them direct by emailing me at

jaysflies@me.com

Thanks

Jay

Scott V
11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I bet you are happy it is finally finished.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Good Jay

Send us some to sell and we will play one a lot in the shop now too.

FlyFlogger
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Final Cut Express? Hope it wasn't done on a Mac...J/K I run a G5. Tried using Avid and will be changing to FCE soon. On a serious note though, does your video have sound or an audio track to it? I purchased one video without any sound and I still haven't heard the last of it from everyone who watches it :-(

Perry

Jay Murakoshi
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't use a PC anymore, especially working on videos. I started with a PC but had to upgrade this and replace this and I still have all the equipment sitting in a box. Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro was so much easier to learn and use. Actually I'm still learning how to use it. I picked up a lot of pointers from a guy in Mexico. They are the ones who have "Beaver Hill Productions"

I run all my videos before I pack them up to make sure that they have video and audio. That tape you have isn't one of ours - correcty. Because we haven't sold any before today

Jay

I have a few DVD's that were originally on VHS and then copied over to a DVD. Like yours, some have sound and some have video that's so washed out that you can't even watch it.

FlyFlogger
11-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Jay,
You are correct, the DVD I have is not one of yours. I sat in on yours and Ken's bass seminar last year at Pasadena and look forward to getting one of your tapes, probably from Bill himself. It's the least I can do for the forum he has going here.

Not sure if you're interested, but I'm in a internet program at one of the local colleges. We use alot of books written under the Lynda publishing label. They are all pretty well done and cover just about any subject involving the internet and the programs designers and webmasters use to build websites. When I get FCE, I'm looking at one of their books first. They are pretty darn good as they say, and I would recommend them to anyone who has a little or is learning whatever program the book may cover. You can find them at lynda.com (http://lynda.com) if you're interested. Are you going to be at the Pasadena Show again this year by chance?

Perry

Jay Murakoshi
11-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Perry,

We will be at the Pasadena show this year.

Thanks

Jay