PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Service

Charlie S
11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't know how many of you knew Janet Brown but she and her husband Dave ran the Trout Country Fly Shop in Johnson Park just to the East of Burney. She was a fine fly fisher, a wealth of information about local hatches in the area and always willing to provide accurate and detailed fishing reports for those who asked.

Janet passed away in her sleep not long ago. A memorial service will be held for her at the Cassel Firehouse Hall on November 29th at 2pm. Dave said that any who would like to attend would be very welcome.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I know Dave and Janet ran a nice friendly fly shop for a long time and many enjoyed stopping by there.

They had a great selection of specialty flies for their area and really enjoyed helping people with good advise.

Hogan Brown
11-07-2008, 06:56 AM
I use to go up there when I first started guiding about 10-11 years ago to guide the pit. Dave and Janet's fly shop was by far the best around for the simple reason they had Janet's flies. Janet was one of the best fly tiers I have ever seen. Clean spring creek style and her bugs caught my clients and I a TON of fish. Definately a lose.