PDA

View Full Version : January in Arkansas = very large Brown Trout

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-06-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com/

Look at their photo gallery..............

Phil Synhorst
11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Holy Brown Trout, Bat Man!!!! Some of those beasts look prehistoric.=P~

Mik
11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I'd be afraid to hook one. It might take me out once I get it close. I imagine any pattern that resembles a small deer or rabbit will work.

Jeff Morrison
11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
The Rim Shoals (www.rimshoals.com) area of the White River (Gassville, AR) is the area I normally fish. Water levels have been extremely high for months which has put a huge damper on being able to wade the river pretty much anywhere. Guide services (those with boats) are really doing well. All of this high water has allowed the Brown Trout population to flourish.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi Jeff M

Thanks for posting from Oklahoma..................

Jeff Morrison
11-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Glad to do it. If anyone is interested, I can help direct you to the better guides and locatons in the Ozarks for Rainbow and Brown. FYI - the former World Record Brown came from the Little Red River near Greers Ferry. Weighed 40 lbs, 4oz.

robdog
11-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I recently watched an episode of FlyFishing the World & they went to Arkansas in the hunt for the monster Brown. I wish I could find you more info about that episode. It was pretty interesting & informative. They were fly fishing at night. Supposedly that is when those monster browns feed.

Scott V
11-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I recently watched an episode of FlyFishing the World & they went to Arkansas in the hunt for the monster Brown. I wish I could find you more info about that episode. It was pretty interesting & informative. They were fly fishing at night. Supposedly that is when those monster browns feed.

I saw that show, it actually was a 2 part'er. They were trying to get the older gentlemen a monster brown, as in over 20 lbs. At one point he had a monster on but they couldn't get it to go into a net.

590Mike
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I saw that two parter, the older gent was Joe Humphries and what a gentleman he is. I had the pleasure of meeting him and a friend in Pa. a few years back.