PDA

View Full Version : Largemouth at a Striperfest

Scott V
11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Went ot Dan Blanton's Striperfest yesterday, meet another person from Dan's board and we went out in a little rented boat from Sugar Barge. We fished around Frank's Tract and False looking for stripers. But we had no luck so I decided if I weren't going to get any bites I would rather watch a dahlberg tear up the surface. It turns out that was a good idea, got into 4 nice lmb's. And since the water was somewhat clear we got to see the fish come up from about a foot down. I got 4 in about 30 minutes all of descent size with the last one my largest.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/Delta/IMGP1095.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/Delta/IMGP1096.jpg

Ed Wahl
11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Yama Hama Dude, that's a nice Bass. I know that was a rush when it hit. Ed

Hairstacker
11-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Scott, wow, that is a nice bass! Looks like it has some good girth to it too. And here I was figuring the topwater season was just about over. Great job!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Your in a boat?

That could be an expensive deal?

Nice post dude.............

Scott V
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Your in a boat?

That could be an expensive deal?

Nice post dude.............

It was real nice to be in a boat for once, I love my toon but a boat is so much nicer when the rain and wind are happening. I am hoping to get a new boat in a year or so, probably get another bass boat and get back into small tournaments.

erhetta
11-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice Fish mano!!!!

Is that the new SAGE setup I see that you were using? :):):)

Scott V
11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Yep that is the Sage largemouth rod I bought myself last xmas and I love it. The accuracy with that rod when throwing big deer hairs is great, and the distance I can throw them is awesome.

Phil Synhorst
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Good going Scott, that's a beauty!!!!
Be honest, were you a little shakey afterward from the adreneline rush, or was it just all in a days work...er, uh fishing?

Adam Grace
11-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice bass Scott! What a fatty!