PDA

View Full Version : 10 wt rod setup wanted

FlyFlogger
11-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Hello,
I'm in the market for a 10wt rod or rod and reel setup for some inshore fly fishing for game fish and more. The rod or reel does not have to be new, but something that would be good for saltwater use, either 3 or 4 piece preferred. If you have something you would like to part with, Please send me a PM or reply to this post and I'll shoot you a PM. Because of my work schedule right now, it may take a few days to PM you, but I'll reply to all responses. Thanks in advance,
Perry

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Famous tournament caster Tim Rajeff has the Echo rod company.

They have redesigned their standard Echo fly rods for 2009 so the 2008 models are being discontinued and closed out.

We have a 9' #10 line in 4 piece that was $169.95, now $99.95.

It is new and comes with a cordura covered tube and a lifetime warranty.

FlyFlogger
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Thank You to everyone who replied. You should all have a PM from me explaining why the purchase has to be delayed for a bit. Again, Thank You for your time.
Perry

jhaquett
11-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Bill,

What kind of reasonable reels/line could you put on that rod? I am considering picking up a 10 weight for my time in St Maarten to chase some tarpon.

To everyone else,

Not to take what the OP can no longer, but could everyone who has something to offer please send me a PM also because I am interested. Thanks a lot.