PDA

View Full Version : 10/27 Forebay

Jay Murakoshi
10-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Another report from the Forebay.

The weather was great, the waters are looking good and the fish ? Well, let's say they are on a time schedule.
I had a group of guys from the Motherlode Fly Fishers yesterday floating and bobbing around the Forebay. I thought after last weeks "great day" they would be into fish the first thing in the morning. Not so - the birds were working and some guys were chasing them in boats but I saw no hook up. Only a few fish were caught
We broke off at lunch time, some hanging around the camp area, others going to get lunch and go take a short nap. As we sat around talking, the decision to get back into the water around 3pm was a good decision. We started picking up some hard, fighting stripers.
Most of the fish were in the 2 to 5lb range with the average around 2 1/2 - 3 pounds. They aren't Delta size but they have an attitude. For those who stayed there got fish early and those who came back around 4pm, found a few fish here and there. These fish are only hanging around for a few hours. But when I came back in just before dark, I notice they had put water into the Forebay. It was at least 4' higher from where I launched my pram early in the morning.

This morning, they got into the fish at sunrise and it lasted untile 9:30 and then shut down. I thought about going for an evening bite but I have to do some work on the trolling motor. The head came loose from the shaft. So it looks like an early morning trip is in store, before the rain and wind comes in. Hopefully it will be fishable next week, plan on hitting the Forebay at least 3 maybe 4 days. Price of gas is down

Jay