PDA

View Full Version : Shameless self promotion-

Amador
10-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope this is okay. If it's not, please feel free to delete it.

I have decided to start a blog to track my progress and share some stories as I hone my craft behind the lens. It is very much in the infancy stages right now, but I will be doing fairly regular updates on anything and everything involved in making images.

If you are interested, you can follow along here-

www.photoloaf.blogspot.com

Thanks for checking it out! I will be updating from Costa Rica next week.

I hope to see you there. Participation is encouraged!

fishinjohnny
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
That's a cool idea. Will you be fishing down there? If I could make one quick suggestion. The music that plays when your reading the blog is pretty distracting. Just a suggestion. Thanks, John

Adam Grace
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Good idea, I am also distracted by the music.

You have some great landscapes, keep up the good work!

Amador01
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Lol! I didn't even know it had music! Thanks for the head's up. That was terrible!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
I think it's a great idea.....thanks.

Amador
10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
That's a cool idea. Will you be fishing down there? If I could make one quick suggestion. The music that plays when your reading the blog is pretty distracting. Just a suggestion. Thanks, John

Absolutely! We will be fishing for Rainbow Bass in Lake Arenal. I can't wait.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Steve Cali
11-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Amador,

I just started using the same Blogging platform in Google, Blogspot.com, to go with my new website. Which templet are you using? I am using minima dark but I have been messing with the fonts and colors etc...

Your blog looks great and I love those landscapes!

I'll add you to my watched list...

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve Cali

Mrs.Finsallaround
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Your photography is BREATHTAKING! :eek:

Can't wait to see more!

SteelieD
11-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Sweet. I'll be keeping an eye on this!

I love this picture

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/SteelieD/2977605552_c42b33beae.jpg

Amador
11-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks again everyone.

Steve-Have you figured out how, and if you can insert photos in an article? So far I can only get them to show at the head. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog!

Thanks Mrs. Fins, I appreciate the kind comments.

Steelie-That is one of my favs also. I love the intimate details and pattern that can be found in nature.

Chris

Steve Cali
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Amador,

I have been trying to figure that one out too and still messing with it, but I think you need to keep posting separate blogs to look as one blog in order to add more photos within an article. I think you can customize the blog article and remove the date so it will blend in the original article...I let you know if I figure it out and if you figure out give me a shout...

On another note. Do you use SGND (Split Graduated Neutral Density Filters) a lot in your landscapes. I am trying to figure out which system to get. The Lee System or Cokin P system with Lee filters soft / hard .3 - .9 etc...

Your photos are beautiful!

Steve Cali

RobK.
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Noting shameless about it !!

Great photos and thanks for sharing !!

Amador
11-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey Steve,

Yes I do. I do not take many landscapes without a gnd. I am using the Hi-tech filters right now. They are very good optically and are a lot less expensive than Singh-Ray or Lee. They will also fit in to a cokin Z series filter holder.

Chris