PDA

View Full Version : Yuba Drift Question

Fish Head
10-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Just wondering if any one has been drifting the Lower Yuba lately, from Hwy 20 to Sycamore Ranch? I haven't had the boat up there for a couple years now and am questioning the ability to pull-out at Sycamore Ranch. Any insight from fellow Yuba drifters would be much appreciated. I'm hoping to fish it this weekend, but don't want to haul the boat if it isn't do-able at the pull-out. I'm drifting a 16.8 f-glass Hyde.

Thanks

Charlie Gonzales
10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
The toughest part of day may be finding fish. But you wont have any problems with the drift or the take out.

Fish Head
10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info Charile. I agree with you, at times the Yuba can be a tough place to hook-up. I'm just looking forward to the drift and nice weather :)

Cheers

ksrpaca
10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
The take out at Sycamore may be a little different than you remember. The RV park no longer allows people to drive out to the island/point that was the traditional take out. Rather, you need to float to the very end of the point and then back row up the creek. Also, keep an eye out once you've passed Hammond Grove Park since the Sycamore sign is gone.

Maybe I'll see you out there on Sunday... Good luck.

double ipa
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
floated lower yuba 2 weeks ago and fishing ok (trout holding below redds and looked as if decent number of salmon had returned). Bright yellow sign just above takeout, take right channel after sign down short narrow riffle then hard right up into slough for takeout. Heavy weed growth in slough, had to drag boat next to bank over weed beds. Very little water (2-3 inches deep) where you back trailer into creek had to drag boat over small pebble creek bottom 20 feet or so but definitely doable.