PDA

View Full Version : King problems

OregonSalmon
10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
To underscore the fact that God hates me and that I have a drinking problem, in some stupor out came the words to Bill King "hey buddy, come on up in the fall, we'll fish for kings and you can stay at my place". My mother always told me "son you can't take a promise made to children or octiginarians" so I'm as stuck as Winnie the Pooh. Geez, just because the guy defended this nation against the Kaiser or Genghis Khan (his service record goes way back) does that mean I have to be the G.I. bill of fishermen? Damn my non-forked tongue!!!
The days are wonderful and every drunken Irishman cannot turn down a request in the fall. There plenty of coho to drag in, the kings are slowly showing up, the crabs are full, the clams are too happy to leave the beach and the chantrelles are devouring the hemlock. Fall in the Great Northwest is like beer: perfection. We will see if the old dog King has any old dog tricks left in his waders. He will be representing all of California so I hope he doesn't let you boys down. My block is starving so he better come up with some fish or he and I will be run out on a rail. Without quick success, I'll be chained in the local jail like Frankenstien. I'd be shaking in my boots but the girlfriend stole them. That probably is the cause of the pile of molten goo on the sidewalk. She is the least of my problems for I have to move my fly tying stuff to make room for the very large Bill King. Life ain't easy.

-Early to bed, early to rise, for some dumb sum' bitch gotta tie them flies" Ben Franklin's cousin Buck Franklin

Darian
10-14-2008, 07:35 PM
OK Galen,.... When does the yard sale begin :?: :?: You know,.... to create the space.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Galen,

I think I remember that in the Fall there were three different kinds of ripe wild berries up there along the coastal rivers too.

Have you been eating them too?

gene goss
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Galen it could have been worse........Bill King has been fishing Davis Lake with me for the last couple of weeks........he found out that i real liked to fish for those kings in tide water.........so he invited me to go with him.........does a bunk bed takes up the same amount of floor space?????

OregonSalmon
10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Gene, you certainly can't be worse than that ol' smelly replican so no need for a bunk bed...we'll toss him on the lawn. Hey, he's a Navy man...he's tough!!! But can you clam? That is the measure, the high bar of a man in the Great Northwest. Girls can crab, men clam, so bring a shovel and the 8# you will be good to go.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Geller,

I can smell those razor clams a cooken' up there from down here.

gene goss
10-16-2008, 07:35 AM
It doesn't get any better then clam fritters and cold beer. Give Bill a hug and a kiss for me.

OregonSalmon
10-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Gene,
Bill will be arriving this afternoon and I will immediately put him to good use; he will be holding the lantern so I can dig more razor clams. The guy is going to be an asset I tell ya! Tommorrow we will start harrassing the salmon. Looks like mostly coho right now but some kings are lurking about. The boat launch is a daunting two blocks away next to my favorite tavern (go figure). We will load up the crab pots, row a few blocks, and wal-la...salmon kegged up. The hardware guys will push them to right where we want them. Bless their souls.
Bill's dinner tonight: razor clams, garlic bread and some vegetable I haven't decided on. Tomorrow: hopefully crab. Wish I had some chantrelles to go with the dishes, but in any event, the boy will be leaving with a cholesterol level off the scale. The axis powers couldn't shoot him down but I think the tempting fall bounty of the Great Northwest might be his "magic bb".

Wilbur,
If I can get King to do it, I'll send down some frozen razors for you and the wife. Getting overstocked and my back feels like the floor in the men's urinal at old Kezar Stadium. Damn clams are killin' me man!!!