PDA

View Full Version : East Delta TR

wasatch
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Fished the East Delta Columbus day. Perfect conditions, and the place seemed empty. Water temp 59 degrees, slight breeze. Topwater LMB still happening, with gurglers producing best off rocky banks. Caught and released 6 all on TW. Striper fishing was good and got better the farther south I fished on the Moke. Caught 6 with the biggest going 5 lbs, all released. Catfishing also good on a super minnow variation, also released.

Scott V
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the report, I was planning on heading that way this weekend. A catfish on a fly rod is something I have yet to have happen, too cool.

Adam Grace
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Cool, a catfish on a fly. That's not very common, good for you.

Thanks for the report.

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Catfishing also good on a super minnow variation, also released.

So, are you saying it's a great minnow pattern, or are you referring to Paul's Super Minnow pattern? That would be cool :-)

We use Paul's super minnow and a whistler pattern pretty much exclusively for sub-surface...

wasatch
10-16-2008, 10:16 AM
It was a variation of Paul's Super Minnow pattern. I ran into him a few times this summer on the American, and he was kind enough to give me one. I have tried to copy it, but with my fly tying skills, a variation is the best I can do. Thanks Paul! Robert