PDA

View Full Version : Winston, Orvis, Powell

Jim Ferguson
10-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I have three graphite rods and some reels for sale. All prices reduced before landing this stuff on ebay.

1. Winston XTR Boron Saltwater, 3 piece, 9' 8wt. Unused. Has the original owners name on the butt section (former partner at Spirit River). Includes original sock and tube. Not for sale.

2. Orvis HLS Graphite, 2 piece, 9' 6" 9wt. Near mint. The rod shows no marks of any kind but the grip showns signs of having been held, at least. Don't know if it's been fished, but suspect not. Vintage would be 1989-1993. It was considered a high performance rod then. HLS stood for "high line speed", but is probably more of a medium-to-fast action compared to current fast action rods. Includes original sock and tube w/brass top. $125

3. Powell Graphite, 2 piece, 8'6". No weight marked, which is typical of Powell rods. Based on casting it with a few different lines and fishing it with a WF6F, this is a 6/7. It appears to be an early rod, based on the construction and is quite stout but light. It's tempting to keep as a streamer rod, as it should handle a 6wt sink tip just fine, but I've got too many now. Includes original sock and tube. $150

4. Teton Tioga 9-11 reel in black. Weighs 7.6 oz with no line. NIB. I bought it a few years ago and ended up never using it. Nice reel for little money. SOLD

5. Set of Loop Graphite reels. Two reels and a spare spool. The spool includes the original box. All in excellent shape. I also have some spare ball bearings. $100 for all.

I'm located in Roseville. Let me know if you'd like to take a look or cast it.

Thanks,
Jim

fixgear63&fly
12-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Jim
I assume you mean this is an early Pres Powell? a full wells handle? Sipgot fitting like the high end Scott? And the last question is it still up for sale?

Jim Ferguson
12-02-2008, 12:20 AM
The label indicates "The Walton Powell Rod". It is not a spigot ferrule ala Scott, but rather a sleeve on the tip section that fits over the lower section blank. I'm not sure what the terminology is for that. The reel seat is anodized, but otherwise is very similar to the Walton Powell bamboo rods I had that were from the late 1950's.

Oh. It is still for sale.

Jim

Jim Ferguson
01-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Bump before ebay.

fixgear63&fly
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi
Is the powell still up for sale?

Jim Ferguson
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes. PM sent.

A transaction is pending on the Teton reel.

Jim

fixgear63&fly
02-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Jim
I don't know what PM means?

5minmile@comcast.net