PDA

View Full Version : Scott 904 Fly rod

Mr T
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
off to Fleabay for now.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
When Harry Wilson and Larry Kenney, owners of Scott Rod company in Berkeley, CA, released the new G904-2 Scott graphite rod (1970s) they had to get Cortland Line Company to make them a weight forward #4 floating line (444 Peach) because back then the smallest weight forward was a #5?????

Yes, I witnessed all that went on for the past 43 years in fly fishing equipment so not many know these kinds of facts.

That is a "cult rod" which was the rod of choice on smooth waters like Fall River and Hat Creek in Nor Cal "back in the day".

Back then you usually put an Orvis CFO III reel (made by Hardy) on it with a WF4F 'Peach 444' Corland line.

(That WF4F could have been made first for one of their special yellow fiberglass rods too? or maybe it was the WF3F I'm thinking about?)

Mr T
10-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Funny you mentioned it Bill when I bought the rod from Mike Mercer, I asked for a line to put and he went right over to the peach 444 and handed it to me. I wore the coating off that line! Might have been around 1984-85.... So old now I forget.

Only reason this one if getting sold is because you sold me another one later on that I will NEVER part with.

Mr T
10-15-2008, 08:56 PM
off to Fleabay for now.