PDA

View Full Version : Yuba report (a little late)

Ffdoc
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry for the late post and lack of pictures. Fished the Yuba below the bridge last Thursday 10/2. Unfortunately had a meeting later in the day and could only fish for a couple hours starting at first light, but it was very good. I was surprised to find some good redds with very eager trout (steelhead?) below them and near them. Probably caught 8-9 before I had to reluctantly reel in and go. Largest taped at 20 inches and caught another that was 18 inches. Broke off 3-4 more that were about the same size as those two and caught several smaller ones. Hooked a few too many salmon and had to re-rig more times than I care to admit. Water is really low at about 600 CFS. I used egg patterns with small mayfly nymphs below . Was high sticking and swinging mostly which worked well as the fish were very aggressive. The biggest fish came to the egg. If you can get out and find where the salmon are, it looks like the egg drop is on. The rain should only help, I would think. I need to be less busy or take the whole month of October off next year !!

Ffdoc