PDA

View Full Version : The new board. Some questions.

Ed Wahl
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Gregg, I see some new categories here. I noticed I'm considered a "senior member". How does the ranking work? What's the difference between junior members, members, and senior members? Do I get a special discount at Denny's? Maybe a Grand Slam for 2 bucks? Do I have to start yelling at squirrels and telling kids to stay off my lawn? I'm looking around for a supplier of tech pants that come up to my arm pits, I'll let you know when I find some, I see we've got a bunch of seniors here.

Another thing, I noticed on my profile under the dropdown menu for 'friends', it says "your friends list is empty". That's all well and good, but I looked up Scott V's and Phil Synhorst's and it says " Scott V" or "Phil Synhorst" has not made any friends yet.
Are these guys pathetic losers or what? You'd think after all this time someone would like them. Maybe it's that skunky smell that seems to follow them around.

How about the tags thing when you post, seniors like me don't understand what that's for, could you explain? Ed 'Old Goat' Wahl.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Ed,

I'm really old but I think the ranking has to do with how many posts you have made.

So far I have at least one friend, my mother.

Gregg Machel
10-05-2008, 10:56 PM
The Titles are based on posts as follows. This was a default setting so I just left it that way:

Junior Member 0
Member 30
Senior Member 1000

At this time no discounts at Denny. :)

Friends is a new feature on this board that didn't exist on the other boards. Not too many are using it yet, but perhaps that may change.

There are a lot of other features that we can bring out later, but for now I just wanted to get this up and stable before doing too much with it.

That being said, it seems like the problems of last week are resolved, so my next step is to customize this a bit so it isn't so boring. I'll be adding a new header and linking it up with the rest of the website soon.

Ed Wahl
10-06-2008, 12:03 AM
You're doing a bang up job Gregg, thanks for the effort. Ed

FRSam
10-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Gregg speaking of friends I noticed you deleted my best and only friend, FeatherRiverSam my past golden retriever, from my profile avatar picture? FRSam my namesake is based on her. Are you only allowing avatar photo's of people now? She had a much prettier mug than I do...

Thanks for all your hard work.

Pete

FRSam
10-06-2008, 10:35 AM
It looks like this new board thought my avatar was a bit too big so I resized the old girl.

Thanks,

Pete

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
I think the new software didn't take the old Avatars over in the data transfer?

I had Gregg redo mine.

If you need any help just email me or Gregg your Avatar photo.

__________________________________________________ __________________

This reminds me of a funny picture story:

I went into a place that shoots special passport ID photos.

After I had my photo shot I told the guy I didn't really like the picture very much?

He told me to bring a better looking head next time.

Ouch..............