PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River put-in

sfp
10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Any help would be appreciated. Wondering where the upriver put in is on the lower yuba for a drift boat if I want to take out at Sycamore Ranch. Also am I wrong in assuming Sycamore Ranch is the above Daguerre diversion dam. If the only upriver put-in is at the highway 20 bridge, How accesible is this for a rather heavy, difficult to drag drift boat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been looking online but not having much luck in locating information. Thanks from a new member catch-an-release member from Roseville.

Hogan Brown
10-04-2008, 09:01 AM
The put in is under the bridge along the south side grave bar. you must have 4 wheel drive and a fairly high clearance truck/suv to access it. it is not a boat ramp just a place you can drive down to the river and push a boat off.

Terry Thomas
10-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Most guides put their drift boats in just above the hwy 20 bridge on the south side. You do need a 4X4 vehicle, but you can back down right to the river.
T.

sfp
10-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info. Do most of the guides take out at Sycamore Ranch? Anybody know roughly how many river miles that is? Thanks again for the quick replies

roostersgt
10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
3-4 miles or so. Really quick. Take your time. I believe most of the guides take out at the sportsmans club downtream from Sycamore. You must be a member, so take out at Sycamore.

Steve

mark
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Like everyone else said, 4 wheel drive is a must to launch under the bridge. good clearance is a must also, these are large and slippery river boulders you are driving over. Post a report when you get back....... dont forget, fishing above the bridge is illegal right now. Saw a guy casting very leisurely right above the bridge the other day, in clear view of the road. He didn't get busted but certainly was asking for a fat ticket.

Cheers