PDA

View Full Version : American Report 10/03

Charlie Gonzales
10-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Had the pleasure of fishing with John Yung and Gallen Shimoda on the American today. Both had good luck landing a couple and losing a couple. Both guys had their hands full fighting these fish on 5wts. Thanks for a great day guys.

John Yung with a very healthy 24" fish with fin intact
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/BigValleyGuide/John24inARsteelie.jpg

Check out the size of the tail on Gallens 20"er
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/BigValleyGuide/gallenARsteelie.jpg

Blueracer
10-03-2008, 09:28 PM
--thumbs up--

STEELIES/26c3
10-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice fish.

You 3 were in the only boat I saw on the river all day.

I was playing with stripers before and after you rolled out of Rossmoor Bar towards AH Park.

Grats' on the beautiful 1/2 lbers.

They look made for each other... maybe they'll spawn someday~:)

M

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice fish Charlie..........................what are your rates for guiding the river?

JPY
10-04-2008, 09:47 AM
This was my first float trip and with a guide. What can I say but that Charlie is a great guide, teacher and cook. He told us to fish over here and we caught a fish. He told us to fish over there and we caught a fish. He told us to fish some waters that we would never consider fishing and guess what, we caught a fish. What made this trip great, besides catching fish, was the knowledge and experience that Charlie shared with us. Charlie is an awesome person to spend the day with. It was so much fun.

Some highlights from the trip:

- Hooking onto some really nice half-pounders, and actually learning how to land them.

- Learning how to read the water.

- Learning how to swing a fly (what an awesome technique).

- The cured duck sausages and his chowder soup were so delicious (it was like dining at the five star restaurant with a view to boot).

Thanks Charlie for a great day of fishing.

John

Charlie Gonzales
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey Billy....

Rates for the American are $275 for a full day(we were on the water for close to 12 hours that day) and includes a morning snack, drinks, lunch of your choice, flies, leaders,etc....
If anyone is thinking about booking, the upper river will be closing soon, so now is the time.

Hey Steelie...How did you do on stripes? There has been quite a few down around Cordova park.

John...Thanks for the kind words and a great day of fishing.

Mike Stroud
10-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Very nice fish! This is encouraging. See you on the river.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-05-2008, 05:30 PM
$275 for one or two anglers?

Ty@Landpark
10-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the half pounders! I went out on the AR with Charlie on 10/4 for a private clinic session and still absorbing all the info he shared with me. He's a great guide, very pleasant, and, has a lot of patiences with schooling a newbie. After the morning session...I headed to Kiene's to stock-up on some flies, leaders and indicators that Charlie was using. Highly RECOMMEND booking time with Charlie. Looking forward to our next session.