PDA

View Full Version : Klamath and Trinity still slow....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Terry Thomas and friends where just up on the Klamath River for their annual jet boat trip on the lower river. It was slow but they still had a good time. They got a few adults and a few Half-pounders.

Jason Hartwick left yesterday to scout and fish the Lower Trinity river.

After this rain it should all be better up there.

Scott V
10-03-2008, 09:29 AM
I am glad my trip got postponed to next weekend. Hopefully things will pick up a little.

Rick J
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Scott - you should probably really be there right now - with the storm coming in, I expect the fishing will really be hot for today and tomorrow.

Bruce is headed up today and will also fish tomorrow.

A couple of weeks ago when we got that small front, Bruce blasted up on the ovecast, rainy day (a Friday) and just hammered the fish with quite few adults. Went back on Sunday which was sunny and things were very slow!

But if we get enough rain to raise the river a bit it could be good next week also if it brings in fresh fish

Andris
10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Me and a friend drove up and down the T Wednesday and Thursday (from the flywater to Willow Creek). There were quite a few fishermen (many more than there were a couple three weeks ago, most below Junction City), but no one we talked to had seen or heard of anyone catching any adults. They are supposed to get an inch or so by Sunday. It's gonna happen any day now....

Scott V
10-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Scott - you should probably really be there right now - with the storm coming in, I expect the fishing will really be hot for today and tomorrow.

Bruce is headed up today and will also fish tomorrow.

A couple of weeks ago when we got that small front, Bruce blasted up on the ovecast, rainy day (a Friday) and just hammered the fish with quite few adults. Went back on Sunday which was sunny and things were very slow!

But if we get enough rain to raise the river a bit it could be good next week also if it brings in fresh fish

I am actually going up to visit a friend out past Witchipec so my wife is letting me stop for a couple hours to fish the Trinity on the way to their house. I hate asking her to sit in the truck while I fish, but our friends live out in the middle of nowhere so taking her to their house and going back to the river is a real long drive. Plus with all the rain the chantrell mushrooms should be popping up and that is the only mushroom I like. If anyone gets up there next week please post some reports, I would be greatly appreciative.