PDA

View Full Version : Mid-week evening A report

mike N
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
On the water at 6:50 off the water at 7:30. Lots of bugs popping around 7:00 to 7:15, a few smaller fish working to them at the upper end of the run on the far side of the river. None went after my bug and I didn't see any fish that looked big. I was fishing a single dry to individual risers. The bug was a little larger than I used to use for this hatch.

My bug collection has been drastically depleted over the past few years due giving a bunch to Guppy and the lack of tying for myself, but I think I will restock the box with the old favorites in the next few days. Also my memory tells me that the majority of my half pounder successes in the late summer evenings came to a burnt orange fox pupah dropper fished below an ec caddis dry with a yellow, burnt orange or cream trailing shuck. Its been a few years since I fished the half pounder run with any regularity, but at least I know what I'll be tying.

I'll be hitting it harder this fall.

MN

Garrett S
10-01-2008, 03:54 PM
My bug collection has been drastically depleted over the past few years due giving a bunch to Guppy

MN
Don't worry Mike I haven't been losing to many

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Mike,

I think we are getting some cooler weather soon and maybe rain?