PDA

View Full Version : New site verses old site

Scott V
09-30-2008, 08:21 AM
I already miss the old forum look. Is this what we get to see from now on or will the look be customized.

Gregg Machel
09-30-2008, 12:03 PM
This is an "out of the box", "default" view. We will be working on changing the template soon. Our main priority last night was to move to a new server, transfer the database from the old server to the new server, and then convert to this new messageboard software.

We will be making this look a lot more "friendly" than it does today. I am taking in all the feedback I get and making changes to get things working the way the community here wants, doing the "mechanics" first. While doing this, we are mapping out how to make this look better. This will not stay the way it looks now, so just bear with us for a little bit while we fix it up.

On the management side, I have already identified a couple thousand spammer accounts and removed or isolated them. These have been a big thorn in our side and the previous software made it difficult to deal with them. As a result of these spammers, a lot of legit users applying for accounts got burried and never activated. We are now able to reduce most of that to a minimum and get new people signed up a lot faster now.

Please keep the feedback coming, I will work with Bill on doing as much as we can for all you guys!

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I don't like this look either... Feels like another COUNTRY!