PDA

View Full Version : The Forebay

Charlie Gonzales
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Water temps have risen and fishing has slowed a bit, but this cooler weather should help out a bit. Had the pleasure of taking Leo Gutterres(the popper king) out this weekend and he was able to boat five fish. Hope to have another report soon.

Jay Murakoshi
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Charlie,

What area did you fish? I've been a couple times since the last time I posted and pretty much stayed in the same area where I have been fishing in the past couple weeks. It slowed down somewhat but I locate a submerged weed bed, I usually pick up a few fish.
The LMB in the shallows in tough since they removed alot of the weed cover. I'm planning on fishing this Thursday. I need to try out a couple new rods I just received. Both Loomis CC GLX's. I've used them before, these are just new sticks. Looks like the temps are going to start dropping down into the 80's

I'll post a report.

Jay

Charlie Gonzales
09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Jay... Fished the usual spots, the power lines, the flats, the bouy line, and the rocks opposite the flats. Santa Cruz flyfishers had their outing that day so there were boats everywhere(ihateweekends). Leo hooked a very nice LMB but it immediately came out of the water and tossed the hook, probly 3-4lbs though. Why dont you drive this way on thursday and we can go hit the Sac til the temps down there are more agreeable?