PDA

View Full Version : Weekend evening A report

mike N
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
I met up with my bud Charlie O at a secret spot on the A this weekend.

We arived at the parking lot at 6:30 and were on the water by 6:45. Around 7 or so the bugs started getting active and a few fish hit the surface. Too bad most were on the far side of the river.

We dropped down to a riffle where we saw several fishing working. Charlie had first shot, but the fish didn't cooperate. While I waited about 20 yards up stream, a nice fish started working about 30 feet below me, the typical half pounder head tail rise. One cast, one rise, fish on. It turned out to be a large squaw fish, but.......

Charlie's fish stopped rising so we worked our way to the bottom of the riffle with Charlie blind fishing a dry and me watching. He was rewarded wtih a good grab, short fight and an LDR.

After that we walked back to our cars in the dark, I was home by 7:35.

Another nice evening on the A.

MN

JJohnson
09-29-2008, 09:25 PM
:)

Jgoding
09-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Good job on the squaw... at least you caught something. I remember for 2-3 years I would always see a large fish rising in the same spot in the run every time I was out for steelies... I always assumed it was a steelie but my bro jumped him out this spring in the low flows... it was a huge squawfish all this time....