PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Report

Jeff C.
09-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Went to my favorite alpine valley on Saturday for some brook trout action. Caught a bunch and even took a few home for dinner (they were tasty). There wasn't a whole lot of surface activity during the day so I tried a Griffin's Gnat and a Bloody Maria combo. They just hammered the Bloody Maria until I lost it. In the evening, I started out with an EHC and got them to go for it on about every other cast. The last fly I tried was a size 16 crystal flash past parachute Adams that I tied and it was the hot fly. I should have used it from the get go because I got a rise on every cast. I decided not to camp ovenight and was home by 9 pm. Jeff

P.S. There were a lot of deer hunters in that area and I saw one hanging at a campsite and another one being packed out.

Scott V
09-29-2008, 08:34 AM
The first time I saw deer hunters when I moved up north was a truck load of them riding around with there guns out looking for deer. The site scared the heck out of me. You could smell the beer as they passed by on the dirt trail.

Jeff C.
09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Can't be as bad as the time I was snowboarding in the summer and a bunch of guys came driving down from the summit standing in the back of a truck with guns and drinking beer. They stopped and one guy fired his long rifle across the valley (scary!!!). They then started blasting full cans of beer tossed up in the air with shotguns. They ran out of beer and drove back over the summit. I was glad to see them leave. I have no problems with hunters since they are usually safety conscious.