PDA

View Full Version : Went to Orvis...now I want that 30 mins of my life back.

Mike O
09-28-2008, 11:57 PM
The subject line sez it all. ](*,) I went to Orvis in Roseville. In a word? Why? The selection totally sucked :thumbsdown:, the prices mostly sucked :thumbsdown: , and nobody even stepped up to say hi (literally, it was as if I had leprosy) :puke: ! There were more salespeople in the store than there were customers...and they had no problems talking to the boomers, and they were walking around me and my 2 year-old to do so.

Why go there when I can get everything I need at Kiene's, (including Orvis if I wanted!), and have someone greet me when I walk in, shoot the breeze with me while I shop, answer my endless questions, etc, etc. \:D/

Thanks a lot to Kiene's for showing me what a shop should be...now how do I get that time back?? :ninja: I know...call in the ninjas!! :ninja:

Scott V
09-29-2008, 07:04 AM
I've been in twice and will never go in again.

590Mike
09-29-2008, 04:09 PM
I haven't been to Orvis and won't waste my time. I've been going to Kienes' since I moved here in 87' from Redding. I went from one great fly shop to another.
Marilyn keeps the shop running like a finely tuned machine and I know Bill helps, but noone really knows just exactly what it is he or his croneys do !

mems
09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Some Orifices should be avoided entering. Mems.

Darian
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1morecast
09-29-2008, 09:48 PM
I just went there this weekend with my wife and daughter so she could play in the water area. This was my third trip and my last. First time was when they had just opened and not one person said a word to me,I figured it was a new store so things should get better. The second time went their to see if they had a spey line that I saw online for sale, after 5 to 10 minutes of browsing I finally tracked down someone to ask if they had it . She said she would go in the back and ask Doug. When she came back she said no but directed me to their online service phone, after ordering it I made one more quick look around and thats when Doug came out and asked if I needed help. I told him what I was looking for and he went in the back and came out with the line. I did have a good conversation with Doug about steelhead fishing, so I figured I would give it one more shot. Saturday we walked around for about 10 minutes and they just stood there talking to each other at the desk. I don't get it, the other Orvis stores are not like that, so what is the deal with this one.

Mike O
09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
I liked the water play area as well. Just no real reason to take the family there, now.

Regarding the personnel there, I wonder what would have happened if I were 25 years older, and wearing more expensive clothing...that's who I saw getting assistance.

Wish they had carried the things in store which they had on sale online...