PDA

View Full Version : Lost Slough - I need a delta rat's help...

erhetta
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I really want to get down into Lost Slough but am having a hard time finding it on any free maps out there. I have not purchased a delta map, but might have to. I know that the Walnut Grove Marina is close to it, but there are a few sloughs off the main channel there and I am not sure which one is which.

Anyway, for years I have heard good things about Lost Slough for being a good, out of the main channel, fishing (mainly panfish and bass) and paddling spot. Something with that description has pontoon fishing all over it; so has anybody been there recently that can PM me some info on where to launch my 'toon that is easy and gets me into Lost Slough?

I would be extremely grateful.

Scott V
09-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Lost SLough is just below Twin Cities Road, if you get off of 5 you will see it to your left, the first bridge you come up to is Snodgrass Slough but I do not know of any places to launch a 'toon without having to paddle far. If you find something let me know.

Rodney D.
09-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Twin Cities Road Bridge that goes over Snodgrass is a good place to launch. The bridge was closed and I'm not sure if it has reopened. If you can get to the bridge you could launch there. To get to lost you would need to head south but I would recommend that you head north towards the back of snodgrass. I fish back there all the time and there is less pressure. Fish the outgoing tide. Lost slough has really been pounded the last few years. Also there is a launch which can only handle small boats behind the town of Locke on Lost Slough but I would still recommend the back of snodgrass. There are tons of bluegill in snodgrass too. Try to avoid launching at the Marina, it is a LONG haul to Lost Slough from there. The launch behind Locke is not listed on any map but you could probably ask someone at the Locke Market where it is. Another good launch (at least for Kayaks) is at the Consumnes Preserve. They just allowed access for Kayaks and it is an easy paddle to the Mokelunme and the Consumnes. Good fishing!