PDA

View Full Version : New Simms Vibram-soled boots release date?

chapmag
09-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm in the market for new boots, and I understand that Simms has modified their G3 Guide boot with Vibram soles.

Does anyone know when will the new Simms boots will be available or the MSRP for these new G4 Guide boots? Bill, did you get any information at the Denver show? Thanks.

Greg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I believe it is Jan 15th.

Our Simms Rep Jamie Lyle will be at the shop in Thursday to fill us in on many new products for 2009.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Simms is working with the Vibram company to get a sole that will grip near to what felt does.

The reason is so they will have something that will not be porous and transmit diseases and unwanted organisms like felt.

They will end up with a Vibram sole that is soft and sticky plus you can add screw in studs to it.

wjorg
12-03-2008, 12:49 AM
......I think a little more fine tuning with those new vibram soles(without cleats of course) will help someone grip the slimy American gravel a bit better.

norcal tom
02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
any reviews or opinions on the vibram soled boots thanks tom davis

wjorg
02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
...My fly shop buddies wore them on the American and they wernt feeling any great new traction. They liked the boots, but hoped there would have been more bite on the slimy rocks....nature of the tread I guess.

Terry Thomas
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
A Vibram review by George Anderson.

http://yellowstoneangler.com/Vibram.soled.wading.boots.gear.review.asp

Scott V
03-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the post Terry, I will need new boots before the spring season gets here and I was hoping to hear good news on the Vibram soles.

wjorg
03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
...scott, just have somebody video tape your first trot in the A with them.....then you'll believe me. I think this review is a bit influenced....these boots didnt grab the American gravel at all.

Terry Thomas
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
...scott, just have somebody video tape your first trot in the A with them.....then you'll believe me. I think this review is a bit influenced....these boots didnt grab the American gravel at all.

So did you wear the boots or did your "shop buddies" wear the boots? I have worn them on the American and found them to be as good as felts, in my opinion. If you want the best traction, I would suggest the screw in studs.