PDA

View Full Version : Stripers,Largemouth, and almost a Steelhead on the American

Garrett S
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I fished for steelhead tonight at Sara court. I got out there around6:00 and noticed a school of fish hanging out under a tree next to the clay banks, I assumed the were pikeminnow. I watched them as I rigged up. After I was done rigging up saw a nice size striper about 12lbs. try to crash the bait. He swam away without even getting near the other fish. I then took a closer look at the fish to notice they were bigger than pike minnow ussually are.
I tried for those fish for about ten minutes when i finally hooked up. IT WAS A LARGEMOUTH!! It was about 5''long. After playing with bass for 45 minutes I noticed some steelhead rising. I ended up catching 4 more bass.
The steelhead were not very interested in the flies I was swinging ( I had The wrong size fly). I ended the night at about 7:30.
If you are interested in fishing sometime this week p.m. me.

Scott V
09-23-2008, 07:33 AM
And the Gupster gets some largemouth on the American, good job buddy. I have yet to catch a largemouth on the American. I might join you next week, I'll drop you a pm.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-23-2008, 08:29 AM
There are large mouth bass in the lagoons along the river.

Some are connected to the river and some are not.

The lagoons downstream on the south side of the river below Watt have LMB in them.

The depth varies with the flow, naturally.

I would imagine that there are LMB in the lower reaches below Cal-Expo/Hwy 80?

What have others here experienced?

Jgoding
09-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Seen em at Howe below the bridge in the slack water along the bank. First time seeing them in the actual river. Nothing big but obviously some spawners around.

erhetta
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Right on Guppy!

Did they close the parking lot at Sara Ct already or is it back open yet?

charles
09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I was thinking the same thing Eric, what's up with that. I went down to Sara Ct. Last week to fish and the lot was closed. Anybody know why, or when it will reopen?

Garrett S
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
they ussually reopen it in october. they close it because the people who live at sara court don't want partiers. If you park at the top of boyer it is not a long walk :)