PDA

View Full Version : Willow Creek Weir counts

Terry Thomas
09-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Received the Willow Creek weir counts.
The count period began on 8/20 this year.
Last year the count period began 8/21.
Steelhead adults thus far in 2008= 251
2007=1,343
This is general information for the board. In no way is it meant as a fishing report or justification to "go" or "not to go" to the Trinity. It is pretty obvious by these counts and the Junction City counts that have been posted that the numbers of steelhead up to this point are much lower than in 07. I think the fishing reports also reflect these lower counts. Last year there was a surge of water released for the tribal river activities. That may be why we are seeing fewer steelhead as of this date.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-19-2008, 05:45 AM
Thanks Terry.......interesting info.

The Klamath River could be loaded?

Scott V
09-19-2008, 07:04 AM
I am headed to the Trinity first weekend of October fishing the areas around Hoopa. I hope to post a good report when I get back, fish or no fish I am excited about getting on the Trinity, it will be my first time fishing it.

bigtj
09-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the update. We need some rain to get this party started. Looks like a small chance to get something this weekend.

Keep in mind with Willow Creek they only count periodically. They can miss a lot of fish. 250 counted probably means 1,000 or more in the system, which means it wouldn't be completely futile to fish. But it probably won't be near as good as last year at this time, either.

Jasonh
09-19-2008, 10:11 PM
There are a few fish starting to show. It should get better from here on out. We managed to find a couple today.

I will try to keep up with weekly reports on my blog

http://steelheadonthespey.blogspot.com/

Jason