PDA

View Full Version : Supertool found after being lost in the Sierras for 10 years

Jeff C.
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Check this link out to a story I wrote for the Leatherman website:

http://www.leatherman.com/owners/tool-tales/story.aspx?id=3cb07c82-d205-42ec-8e84-4d7c3b19c931

Scott V
09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
that is pretty neat, to find something you lost up in the Sierras 10 years later is pretty cool.

Frank Alessio
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
And what became of old butterfingers Jeff????? Let me guess you married her anyway.... Frank

dtp916
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Nice!

I can't believe you found it after 10 years, that's crazy. In the spring my shades fell off and into the water, about 3 feet deep. It was getting dark and I couldn't see into the water.

Came back the next day with a clear lid to a cooking pot, flipped it over and looked into the water and found them. It wasn't ten years - more like 10 hours - so you definitely get kudos for that!

Ed Wahl
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Beats my one month pocket knife. Dressed a quail, set the knife down and forgot to pick it up again. A snow storm kept me out of the area for a month. Then the next quail trip I found it excatly where I left it. Did it again in the Cache Creek Canyon the next year but it was so far back in I just couldn't make myself go back for it.
Even the name was right, a Browning Trout and Bird knife. Just two blades, no frills, I still miss that knife. Ed

EricO
09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
That's pretty cool, Jeff. So the question now is, when do the
royalty checks start arriving :D

Eric

Jeff C.
09-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Frank,

I didn't marry her. She was a wild 19 year old who broke her neck (C3)snowboarding a week or two after I lost the Leatherman. I kept her head immobilized and drove her to the hospital in So. Lake Tahoe. She recovered fully with no paralysis and is now living a more normal life in Minnesota. She is framing the story and putting it up on her wall.

Jeff

Frank Alessio
09-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Jeff,

That is more amazing than the Leatherman story. She was very lucky to

have you there to take care of her. A job well done Jeff. Frank

Jeff C.
09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Frank,

Thinking back, the first thing I did after Jessica got injured was to hold her head to keep her neck and spine aligned. Even when I got to the ER and I told them that I had someone in the car with a neck injury, the admitting nurse just pointed to wheelchair and told me to bring her in myself. I demanded help along wih gurney and a C-spine. All of that probably helped in Jessica making a full recovery intead ending up like Christopher Reeve. Her break was actually a C2 and his was a C3.

Anyway, if I hadn't had American Red Cross first aid training things might have turned out differently.

Jeff

dtp916
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Nice job taking precautions and immobilizing her neck, she owes you big!

mike N
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Jeff,

I think you just earned yourself a new handle! :lol: Jeff C AKA Super Tool :twisted:

MN