PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Lundborg fish/camp out 2008

Scott V
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Can we get a head count so we know how many people will be there. Plus what time does everyone want to break for lunch.

Hairstacker
09-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I'll be there! \:D/

I don't care what time we break for lunch but, ideally, it would correspond with dead low tide, whenever that is. Might as well eat while the fish are taking a break from eating.

Mike Churchill
09-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll be there all day Saturday. We'll see how early I drag myself out of bed and haul the boad down after flying to and from L.A. on Friday for work.

Mike

Scott V
09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Glad to see you are making it out Mike "Hairstacker", how is the delta bite right now. My guess is the evening bite will be better than the morning bite due to the moon rise time.

And I'll see you Churchill bright and early around 5? :lol:

Ed Wahl
09-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Due to a sudden illness :wink: , I'll be there Friday afternoon. Scott, have you still got some space?

Erhetta, thanks for the offer of meat. It's got to be something that can be held in one hand while bs'ing at the same time. Last year's kabobs worked rather well, maybe I should just repeat. I'll have plenty of charcoal and a weber kettle, everyone's welcome to use it.

For anyone on the fence about coming, let me paint you a picture of how it goes down there.

Saturday morning: people show up whenever and launch whatever craft they have and start casting to tules for LMB or to deeper water for Stripers. The larger boats just take off and hit the edge of the world.The Stripers also chase bait around the surface first thing in the morning right there in Piper Slough. Toss a clouser at the swirl and hope for the best. Sometimes it does work. As the morning wears on you start to meet everyone else, passing by or working the same structure. Can't tell you how many times I've had someone sneak up on me and recognize my pram,(I think with the new format that pram should be my avatar) and ask,"are you Ed?". It's like hometown days out there.

Lunch: The lunch breaks are really more like informal BBQ's crossed with fly fishing classes. The range of knowledge that comes together is truly fascinating, and all completley informal. You can(I do) take it all in with a beer in your hand. The guys that do the teaching are the stars, they really do know what they're talking about. You will come away richer for having been there.

After lunch: It's back to fishing 'til whenever. Everyone splits up again and disappears to somewhere in the delta. We hit camp around sundown and lie about what we managed to catch, then it's the long road home.

Ed Wahl
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
found this. http://www.deltaboating.com/tides/antioch/antioch.html

Hairstacker
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Gee Ed, according to that table, maybe we should be getting together for breakfast instead of lunch. :lol: