PDA

View Full Version : Echo has new Switch rods coming out very soon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-09-2008, 07:20 AM
The new Echo 'SR' switch rod series will be 10'10" and 4 piece in #6, 7 and 8 line sizes for $329.00

Lots of great rods to choose from in the entry level($300-400usd) Switch rod market this year.

TFO, Beulah, Echo, Anderson and Redington..........we will have them all soon.

speyfool
09-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi Bill,

I've never been to your shop (I don't go to Sacramento very often). Do you have a place where we can cast these various rods? Now that all of these switches are coming out, I'm curious how they feel.

Although I have several rods, I'm always open to picking up another one. If my wife doesn't find out. :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Spey instructor Jeff Putnam is going to be working on a new DVD where he will cast all the new Switch rods with various lines and then will be describing the individual actions/flex patterns and peformance of each one.

We will have to get some more demos rods and lines so we can schedule mornings at Watt Avenue on the river so we can all try them out.

sacrivertrout
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
The new Echo 'SR' switch rod series will be 10'10" and 4 piece in #6, 7 and 8 line sizes for $329.00

Lots of great rods to choose from in the entry level($300-400usd) Switch rod market this year.

TFO, Beulah, Echo, Anderson and Redington..........we will have them all soon.

Kind of pricey for a rod made in china, no? It is not even made in Korea.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2008, 06:11 AM
All the imported Switch rod I have seen are over $300 so I don't know what you are seeing out there?

US made Switch rods are going to be $600 plus.

Let me know what is under $300 so we can have them too.

There is a distinct possability that all fly rods will be made over seas in third world developing countries some day due to production costs in the US.

Many of the European companies are going 'off shore' too. They have the same high production costs as we do.