PDA

View Full Version : American river

Charlie Gonzales
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
With Bill's permission I am happy to announce the start of my "Big Valley Guide Service", focusing on instructional fly fishing for stripers, steelhead, salmon and shad on the American River.

I have grown up fishing the American for over 30 years and am happy that I will have the opportunity to pass on the knowlegde that I have gained in that time. Although I can not gaurantee that we will catch fish everytime we are on the water, I can gaurantee that you will come away with a larger perspective on the "hows" and "whys" of whatever species that you are after, and that we will have a great time on the water.

If you are looking for the opportunity to catch stripers and largemouth bass on topwater, I am also booking trips for Oniell Forebay. But this is a short season and will only last until the beggining of October, so we need to act soon.

Please pm me for great introductory rates and be on the look out for my web site soon.

Thank you for the opportunity Bill and sorry for the long post to everyone.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-03-2008, 08:47 PM
That's great Charlie

I have noticed we have a shortage of guides on the Lower American River lately.

You will have to get a good photo of your 16' Lowe Jon boat up on our message board.

Darian
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Congrats Charlie,.... Looks like the canoe won't get much use now, tho. :lol: :lol: Good luck on this venture. 8) 8)

Adam Grace
09-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Glad to see that you are guiding again Charlie!

Guys, Charlie is very knowledgeable, with many years of experience...... and even better he's FUN to fish with.

I highly recommend Charlie as a guide!

Jeff C.
09-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Good luck Charlie! You've got a great boat and intimate knowledge of the Lower American River. Jeff

Scott V
09-04-2008, 06:30 AM
I've fished with Charlie and he definitely is a good guy and guide. All the luck to you and I will be booking soon.

Charlie Gonzales
09-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I greatly appreciate all of your support and encouragment. I am very excited of whats to come.

Thanks again
Charlie