PDA

View Full Version : Rogue River Spey School

Jeff Putnam
09-03-2008, 12:55 PM
There are few spots left for the Spey School on the Rogue River 23rd-27th. This is the "ultimate" spey school for the Beginner or Intermediate Spey Caster. Dont forget the Touvelle Spey Clave- Sun 28th.
http://www.jpflyfishing.com/groupclasses/castingclasses/roguespey08.htm

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
This is something Jeff Putnam does every fall with Gary Anderson and Steve Godshall.

If you want to learn how to cast and fish for Steelhead with a two-handed fly rod this 'on the Rogue River' class is for you.

Adam Grace
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
This is such a cool school, the Rogue is a great river and what a great environment to learn how to spey cast.... I wish that I could go with you guys.

Have fun Jeff!

burl51
09-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I went for two days last year. This year I will be there 3 days. It is a great learning experience. Plus ya get Jeff putnam and two of the oregon spey masters in Steve Gotshall and Gary Anderson. Enough knowledge to keep ya on the right track. Oh yea and the lunches are great.

tight lines

burl

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Besides learning a lot about Spey casting and fishing, you can cast all of Gary Anderson's two-handed rods and lots of different lines too.

I think this is their third or fourth year for this.

PS: You could add some fishing days on after the classes too. Jeff could help you with getting a good drift boat fly fishing guide booked too.

BillyB
09-11-2008, 09:29 PM
If you are on the fence about this class, jump. I did it last year and was really looking forward to this year but I'll be in New England. Go do it. You'll love the locations and you'll get to meet some fly fishing profoessionals. Cast everything Gary brings. What a luxury. Hopefully, I'll be there next year.

Anne Vitale
09-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I want to add my support for the Gary Anderson Spey Clave and Jeff Putman classes coming up on the 26-28th on the Rogue and encourage anyone who is thinking about it to go on up and take part.

I just got back from fishing with Gary and Steve over the weekend where my friend Donna O'Sullivan and I got to try out some new spey rods and lines the two of them are developing. I can tell you that they have some great new stuff and are all primed for the Spey Clave event.

A short fishing report: Friday we fished the run between Shady Cove and Dodge Bridge and Saturday we fished from Tu Velle to Gold Ray Dam. The weather was HOT and the river was crystal clear but a little high. Unfortunately the fishing was slow. I did manage to get one nice steelhead to about 9 lbs. Otherwise it was one 8 inch smolt after the other. I guess that and reports of large numbers of half pounders on the lower river is a good sign of future runs.

I hope to see you up there.......Anne