PDA

View Full Version : 2008 'Festival of Fly Fishing' in Lodi, CA on October 10-12

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Email to me from Dave Ford:

This is a follow-on to my discussion at last night's meeting with more details about this year's Festival of Fly Fishing:

The 2008 Festival of Fly Fishing is just days away. The event will be in Lodi this year, a new location from the traditional Sierra and northern California sites. Lodi is only a short drive from Sacramento. But this year’s FoFF can expose CFFUers to new fishing techniques and territories.

The event starts Friday noon, Oct 10. There will be an ongoing fly tying theater with about 20 tyers on a two-hour rotation that will stimulate fly tying minds. Concurrently, there will be lectures and classes, plus a floor full of vendors (guides, gear retailers, travel experts, and artists) to visit. And an ongoing silent auctions with loads of great gear. Then Friday evening there will be the traditional Chili feed.

On Saturday, the show is an all-day event with a more of the tying and classroom talks coupled with kids fly tying, and practice casting areas with certified instructors to help aid in fine-tuning your techniques. Saturday night is the main dinner with the exciting live auction.

On Sunday, the “inside” show ends, and things move to the water. This is a really unique part of this year’s Festival. Many of the on-water events are brand new, dealing with areas to the south of Sacramento, fishing territory many of us overlook. Samples are expeditions to rive
rs (Mokelumne, Toulumne) and to the Beardsley Afterbay, plus fishing Checz nymphs on Putah creek. And then there is using pontoon rigs on the Delta. Then there is the Feather River Spey Clinic--tackle will be provided if needed. For the ladies, Lois Kilburn will conduct a fun-filled introduction to the art of fly casting.

Most of these Sunday events are limited in size, so early signup is advised. Details of all the events (check, as the schedule sometimes changes) and registration forms can be found at the NCCFFF website www.nccfff.org We are planning to have at least one, on more likely two or possibly more CFFU tables at the Saturday night dinner

Dave Ford

Bob Scheidt
09-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I will be out of town visiting my sister that weekend. Sounds like a great event and as close to home as it's ever been. I will be sending a box of flies for the auction.

Bob