PDA

View Full Version : BayArea/Silicon Valley dude looking to split gas 4 steelhead

schurmo
08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
That's a lot to say in one small title. Kinda looks like some weird craigslist singles post. Anywhoo. I am super stoked to get out and go after some steelhead (also willing to go after trout) and would love to hook up with some people in the area that would like to split gas to some of the closer rivers. I have a pretty descent reliable vehicle that gets descent gas mileage. I also like to fish with someone for safety sake. Anybody in the area interested, let me know! Here's to hoping it's an awesome season!

Aaron
Los Gatos, CA

ANDO
10-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I just moved to Santa Clara, and just started fishing the norcal waters. I'm pretty experienced with trout, but steelheading is new for me. I'm going to school on the GI bill, so I have lots of free time but not a lot of gas money. I would be happy to cover more than half the gas if you don't mind sharing some local knowledge. I have hit the lower American the last couple weeks, with minor success. Look forward to meeting you,
Chuck

Chris Gearhart
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I also live in Santa Clara and fish often for both trout and steelhead. Most of the time I prefer to fish out of my driftboat but would be open to wading if that were prefered. I wil be going alot in Nov. for steelhead, all year for trout. I would be glad to have people to share the gas with. Feel free to PM me.
Chris

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Cool...........give us a report some day.

calfisher
10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
I dont live in the area, a ways south. But come fall and winter I'm driving through you area quite a bit. I have a drift boat(its winter home is in Redding). I'm new to the site but am a die had fisherman and will fish with or without a boat. I'll be heading through your way up to the trinity or the rouge in about two weeks. Let me know if you want to go?
Jeff

schurmo
10-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey guys! Thanks for the response. I thought this thread had died! Hahaha. Send me some pms with your email addresses. I have started a list of people over email and we definitely have a nice group of people around here. I had a mishap at the Feather and lost my steelhead gear, but I think I will be up for some fuel sharing towards the beginning of next year (right during the winter run times). Take it easy and good luck with the chromies!

Schurmo

dave earl
10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm a Bay Area (Daly City) fisherman. I mostly fish mid-week.
Always up for sharing gas expense etc..
Dave Earl

Cruzin4Metalheads
10-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh come on Schurmo...you know you can't catch these west coast steelies anyway. :)

Jeremy

Pez
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey guys I'd like to join the group. I usually go once a week to the American, but I'm willing to go somewhere else. I live in Pleasanton and primarily fish for trout, steelhead, and salmon. Fishing is always more fun if you can share the experience!.

schurmo
10-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Cruzin', I think your name should be Cruzin' for a Brusin'! Hahaha. I am so dedicated to getting me a west coast steelhead that I decided to jump into the Feather river and go after one with my bare hands. Too bad it was just a sucker. :D :D Take me out, show me how it's done! ;)

Pez, send me a pm with your email address, I will get you added to the list.

Ando and Dave, thanks for your info. I will send out an email soon and see if there is any interest in some local gathering to meet and greet.

Chris and calfisher, could you send along your email addresses if you are interested in some local contacts?

Thanks guys! I replaced my reel at least, now I just gotta call Bill at the shop to figure out what the best rod is!

Cruzin4Metalheads
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Just wait until coastal rivers open up here in another month and a half. we'll sneak out and i'll get you one or two :)...heck if can get over 40 last year on bay area coastal watersheds I should be able to find you one. Just don't fish behind me :)