PDA

View Full Version : Klamath Glen

Terry Thomas
08-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Always great to stop off at the Steelhead Lodge after a days fishing for a good meal. Bill can also attest to the size and quality of their Margaritas! :D

Scott V
08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
What no pics of the margaritas? I'll have to stop on by and try one or two or threee for myself. :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-19-2008, 09:31 AM
We stay at the Ravenwood Motel on Hwy 1 near the mouth of the Klamath River and we eat at least once at the Steelhead Lodge for dinner in Klamath Glen.

I drank about 1/3 of a giant margarita last year and they said I was very entertaining. Personally, I don't remember........?

Scott V
08-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I can not wait for La Paz, your first couple of drinks are on me bill. :D

dpentoney
12-05-2008, 06:03 AM
It has been a lot of years but those margaritas come in a glass like a goldfish bowl on a stem.
I seem to remember something about them having five shots of tequila in them.....
There was a time when I had a friend that lived on the hill above the Glen, and we would make the attempt to drink three of them in an evening...This was a long time ago....No one ever made it past 2 and a half.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi dp

I didn't make it through one of them big margaritas. They say I had a good time though.

We stopped at New Orleans on the way to El Pescador Lodge in Belize about 25 years ago.

My friend Walt Bennett told me not to miss Pat O'Brien's bar & restaurant so our large group went in there for a drink after or before dinner? I had a similar big drink called a Hurricane. It was supposed to be 5 shots of rum and I was saying it was like drinking fruit juice.

After one of those big drinks we got up and walked down Bourbon Street. I felt like I was in floating in heaven and they say I was very entertaining that night as well.

flyfshrmn
12-18-2008, 03:18 PM
To quote Jimmy: "It's five o'clock somewhere".