PDA

View Full Version : Delta panfish and bass

Rodney D.
08-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Haven't posted in awhile (it's been a long summer with work, the kids swim team and my daughter starting high school sports) but I'm finally getting some time to get back on the water. Took my 7 yr. old son out last Tuesday and had a blast catching bluegill and small bass in Snodgrass Slough. Fished the incoming tide and caught (according to my son) between 32 and 65 fish. I don't know how many we really caught but it did me proud to see me son learning the art of the "fish story". We fished out of our kayaks and he fished foam spiders and dave's hoppers while I used some small poppers and wooly buggers. He pretty much just dropped the fly into weed pockets while I beat the water to a froth with my "casts?". Of course he outfished me. It's always good to take the little guy out so he can remind me why I fish. It was hot but we took lots of breaks and threw alot of rocks. Fish the incoming tide and with a little cooler weather next week it should be great. One day I'll get a waterproof camera.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a good day on the water.

We love photos......