PDA

View Full Version : AB 1806 passes out of Senate committe to floor

Mike McKenzie
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
AB 1806 passed Senate Appropriations Committee today intact without amendments, vote was 9-6 on party line vote. Good work all. The bill now goes to the Senate floor and will be eligible for vote sometime next week.

This Bill will begin the restoration of our Bay/Delta tributary fisheries! It is the first bill of this kind that has made it this far through the legislative process!! We heartily thank those of you who wrote the letters of support that helped make this happen. However we can't sit back on our laurels just yet! We still have to get it through the Senate Floor and signed by the Governor... Stay tuned, we will be asking for more help over the next few days to accomplish the task!

Mike

JerryInLodi
08-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Boardmembers, We were told that the letters written made all the difference. The bill could have been put in the suspense file to sit, possibly forever. But the letters by the good people of this and other boards plus those we've reached through our website and e-mail made all the difference. Even in the midst of the budget fight, our supporting senators took the time to pass this bill out of committee. It wouldn't have happened if they didn't know that there were hundreds of people out there that cared enough to write.

We hope to have a full campaign outlined by noon tomorrow. You can be assured that a massive letter writing campaign, larger than anything so far, will be the key portion of that strategy. I'll have the complete list of senators including addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail and form fill response boxes as an Action Alert.

For everyone reading, I cannot emphasise the importance of this bill's passage. It will mean millions of dollars in mitigation for the damage done by the pumps and is a major step in restoring California's decimated fisheries. We will need EVERYONE's help. Please respond when asked.

A Breaking News story is on the CSPA website. I'll follow it up with additonal information as soon I receive word.

http://WWW.CalSport.Org

Jerry Neuburger
Webmaster, CSPA