PDA

View Full Version : Point and shoot question

Scott V
08-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Is it true that if you are not going to print pictures large size "8.5x11" and bigger, I should not set my picture megapixel too the highest setting. I am having a problem with unfocused pictures.

paulegan81
08-07-2008, 06:04 PM
with my Sony Cybershot the only thing that setting the megapixels on the highest setting would do is make the camera take along time to save the picture???? it didn't seem to have any affect on the focus of the shot???? I know that with the point and shoot i would pull out of the shot some times, with the shutter delay..... i do the same thing now with a long shutter speed.
Great to have a delete button......

Tight lines to all...
and to all a good Fight....

Paul....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I need to buy a new Pentax or Olympus water proof, point and shoot digital camera soon.

I think they are both excellent cameras.

I use a big memory chip and set my camera to the highest saturation.

Little point & shoot digitals take such good pictures especially outside in the day time.

I have a Canon 10D SLRD but it is so big. Plus it rains and I seem to fall in the rivers more now too. I like the quick focusing and shuttle "lock time" of the SLRDs.

bolden
08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Paul should be right, the size setting should have no effect on the autofocus of the camera. It could easily be something such as motion blur, as even in bright sunlight i took some fish pictures with my pentax w10 that were blurry because my hands were shaking.

Hopefully nothing is wrong with the camera.

Adam Grace
08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I suggest that you keep your megapixel quality set fairly high because you never know when you will take a picture that you will want to enlarge, pictures such as one of you holding a trophy fish.

As far as the focus issue is concerned try pressing down the shutter button halfway to check the focus before taking the picture.

paulegan81
08-08-2008, 02:47 AM
yea..

" as even in bright sunlight i took some fish pictures with my pentax w10 that were blurry because my hands were shaking."

big fish make my hands shake too!!!!

Tight lines to all...
And to all a good fight....!

Paul

Scott V
08-08-2008, 06:08 AM
I suggest that you keep your megapixel quality set fairly high because you never know when you will take a picture that you will want to enlarge, pictures such as one of you holding a trophy fish.

As far as the focus issue is concerned try pressing down the shutter button halfway to check the focus before taking the picture.

I always do that, I wait til it gives the beep sound that all is good and you can also see the happy face. Some pictures turn out good and others not.

dtp916
08-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Maybe you should take a photography class, Scotty :lol: :lol: :lol:

just messin' with ya!

Adam Grace
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
scott, you could be shooting in a bad shooting mode/scene. Are you using the automatic setting? Try using a sports mode if you have one.