PDA

View Full Version : Rucker lake again

jerry from sac
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
In a recent post it was stated that Rucker does not have a boat ramp and you would have to carry your pram in. My question is, do you have to carry it in from 200 feet or twenty feet? Is the drive in very dusty for a towed boat. Can you use a small gas outboard?
Any help would be appreciated.
-
- thanks
- jerry

Dabalone
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Been a few years since I was there, we caught so many bass all day didn't bother counting them. Mostly 8 to 10 inches with just a couple approaching 12. We used wooly buggers but suspect they would eat anything that hit the water, didn't see any signs of baitfish and think these little bass subsist on mainly a diet of insects.

A small pullout with limited parking above the lake for the campsites available. The campsites have been improved since I was there, which means they probably added some toilets. I think there are five campsites now. We had pontoon boats and it was a bit of a pain to carry them down from the parking area. If you were camped it would not be bad since you leave everything down there until ready to leave. I am guessing its about 80 yards from the parking area to the water. Everything would have to be carried to the campsites. Its a nice little lake, trees are dense down to the water but the lake view and access is very limited on the public portion.

This is what I remember, hopefully someone else who has been there more recently can give you a better picture.

Ed Wahl
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I was there last week.
Dabalone's pretty much nailed it. There is actually a boat ramp, but it's a private ramp in some rich dudes back yard, right next to his deck. I wheeled my pram to the water from the gate on the road, it's a little closer than the parking lot, but not by much. At least at the gate there's a path wide enough for my dolly, still a pretty good chore though.
No way to launch a trailered boat.

I couldn't keep count either. I put on a small clouser and never felt the need to change. I also caught a couple of Green Sunfish, and they fought much harder than the Bass. Ed

robdog
08-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I also caught a couple of Green Sunfish, and they fought much harder than the Bass. Ed

I was up there last weekend & I caught some Blue Gills as well as some Smallies. I was only there for a couple of hours. Just happened to be up there. The hardest thing about that place is finding the lake. FYI, bring a forest service map.