PDA

View Full Version : Silver Creek or Bust

Rick J
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
well the annual pilgrimage to Silver Creek begins tomorrow - drive to Don Rotsma's tomorrow and head out mid day Thursday - should get there and be ready for the early morrning trico hatch and spinner fall Friday morning. Then it is a week plus of trics/callibeatis and other odds and ends including pmds and baetis.

Don and I have been making this trip for over 20 years though it has not always been just to Silver Creek. But over the years we have come to realize that you can't get better spring creek fishing and don't have to drive to hell and gone to hit Henry's Fork, the Missouri and the Bighorn.

Will post a report when I get back

jstuart
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Rick,

Great time to be going out there. I got back last week and was a little early although we still got some good fish.

My dad is driving back today and said that the last 3-4 days were much better than when we were both there. The hatch while I was there was 60-90 minutes but pops said that they are going from 8AM until 2 or 3PM now. Obviously not as strong after the initial hour or so but still heads to fish to. As always, the trico double is a bit bigger and easier to see and therefore fish but when things get tough you can always use the single, PMD's, Baetis and rusty spinners.

I got some on beetles, etc and pops nymphed the S turns after the hatch and did well too.

Good luck, wish I was headed back there.

esummers
08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I'll be there Aug. 15th for a few day on my way to Montana. Will tricos still be the ticket?

Rick J
08-11-2008, 06:08 AM
esummers - trics should still be going in full swing - I will post info on my trip later today when I have time about techniques and maybe some places to try

Best regards and good luck on your trip
Rick J