PDA

View Full Version : Small Yosemite report for a small fish

Scott V
07-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Went up to Yosemite for the day on Saturday with my lovely wife. Went to Bridal Veil Falls and saw that. Headed to Yosemite Village, saw that. Then spent the rest of the day in Toulomne Meadows where I got to do a little fishing. Saw some tiny brookies so I tied on a dry fly and proceded to walk up stream catching tiny little brookies. Water was real low but I believe they do that so tourists can enjoy the water safely. I saw a sign that said they raise the flows at 11:00 pm. Kathy "my wife" we walking around taking pictures and just enjoying nature. Next time we go back we plan to do the Half Dome all day hike/climb then I will spend the following day doing nothing but fishing. All in all a nice day to a plce I have never seen.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0736.jpg

dtp916
07-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Nice Scott!

Mik
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Did you use a smokey colored fly? :lol: Must have been tough breathing up there.

Scott V
07-30-2008, 06:11 AM
Did you use a smokey colored fly? :lol: Must have been tough breathing up there.

When we were there I asked a ranger about the smoke, and she told me that it was from the camp fires. I did not believe her, then I over heard some people saying a fire started last night just outside the park. When we left around 6:30 we could easily see the fire burning, plus there was ash all over the place near the entrance.