PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Service....

Darian
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Never trust a blind salesperson. [-X This is a story of sales/service at Cabela's:

I went into Cabela's to buy a rod and reel for my young grandson's birthday. I didn't know which one to get (there're so many) so I just grabbed one and went over to the counter. A Cabela's associate is standing there wearing dark shades.
I excused myself and asked, "Can you tell me anything about this rod
and reel?"

The salesman says, "Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on
the counter, I can tell you everything from the sound it makes."

Well, I sure didn't believe that but dropped it on the counter anyway.

To my amazement, he says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB. Test line. It's a good all around combination; and it's on sale this week for only $20.00."

I said, "That's amazing!!! You can actually tell all that just by the
sound of it dropping on the counter. I guess I'll take it!"

I kinda leaned over as I pulled out my wallet (....bad back these days) and, as I opened it and took out my debit card, I dropped it on the floor.

The blind salesman says, "Oh, that sounds like a Master Card."

I bend down to pick it up and accidentally let a fart slip. At first I'm really embarrassed, but then realize there's no way this guy could tell who it was who farted; being blind and all.

The clerk rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $34.50 please."

WHAT??? I ask. There's no slaes tax in Nevada and I'm confused by this increase in price and ask, "Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How in the hell did you get to $34.50?"

The salesman replies, "Yes, sir. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck
Call is $11.00 and the Catfish Bait is $3.50." :shock: :shock:

Gotcha :p :nod: :rolleyes: :D :D Not an original on my part but it's good for a laugh..... ;) ;)

MrBig
07-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Haha that's funny. I read the same joke recently and laughed my a** off.