PDA

View Full Version : Bill, this could be great for customers to try.

Grampa Spey
07-24-2008, 07:32 AM
http://www.flyfishusa.com/lines/airflo/airflo-compact-card.jpg

Bill, AirFlo has come out with a complete set of their Skagit Lines and a couple of Ridge Running lines in a neat case.

http://www.flyfishusa.com/newsletter/current/airflo-compact-case-2.jpg

For most of us the kit has too many lines to own, (10).

The most frustrating learning curve for most of us is finding the Spey line/s that work for our rods. This set up as a rental could go a long way to eliminating that frustration.

However, if we could rent this kit for a week, we should be able to find the Skagit lines that fit our rods the best. Then, we could buy those lines from you when we bring the kit back. The rental could apply to the purchase price.

Some of us might want to hire Jeff for an hour or so to help in the best choice and correct use of the right Skagit line.

Adam Grace
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
BTW, I love Airflo spey lines: very smooth and very durable

I am a big fan!

Rick J
07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
I saw this on the Fly Shop in Welches news letter and immediately called Bruce Slightom and told him I wanted it for Christmas - and of all things he just laughed at me :cry: How rude!!

Jasonh
07-25-2008, 08:56 AM
I also saw this on Welches site and think it would be a great idea to bring a couple of these into the shop. This would make a good gift for any winter steelheader. The Airflo compact skagits are some of the best skagit lines on the market and match up well with a lot of todays shorter spey and switch rods.

sacrivertrout
07-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I also saw this on Welches site and think it would be a great idea to bring a couple of these into the shop. This would make a good gift for any winter steelheader. The Airflo compact skagits are some of the best skagit lines on the market and match up well with a lot of todays shorter spey and switch rods.

Cool, a spey guide for northern california!! Are you FFF two handed certified?

Grampa Spey
07-26-2008, 06:06 AM

Jason, I posted this info on the Spey Pages, and it appears that at least 2 shops have these sets for customers to try.

It might be a good thing for fly shops with spey customers to stock this set and maybe create their own sets with the Rio AFS Heads and Skagits.

Then, we could rent one of these sets and find out what lines really work for our rods and for us. It wouldn't take too much casting to determine what line is too light, too heavy and just right for each rod. Then, we can buy the line/lines that work for us.

A similiar thing could be done with Rio's and Airflo's poly leaders and regular sinktips. When, we find the poly leader or regular tip that works, we could buy a couple for each line/rod they work for.

Your shop could have a test casting weekend each month on the river so we could bring our rods and try different lines and leaders. Also, we could have others watch us and help us decide what lines and leader combos really work the best.

Regards,
Dave

Grampa Spey
07-26-2008, 06:13 AM
I saw this on the Fly Shop in Welches news letter and immediately called Bruce Slightom and told him I wanted it for Christmas - and of all things he just laughed at me :cry: How rude!!

I suggested for my 70th birthday, they could get me one of these sets, a Gary Anderson, Z Axis 8129 and a new matching Sage reel. The nice ones laughed at me. :roll: :o

There is no respect for elders anymore. :roll: