PDA

View Full Version : It's over!

Jeff C.
07-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Ok, I've thrown in the towel. I've gotten skunked the last 5 night in a row so I'm calling it quits for the season (although I still might go out for them an evening or three more). I've fished 74 evenings in the past 3 months and have caught just almost 300 shad. I was suprised to see that they were in the lower river the first week in May. I didn't catch my first shad until May 18th the year before. I guess having them in the river 3 weeks early this year its means they are gone gone 3 weeks early too. Time for me to catch up on some sleep. Jeff C.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-24-2008, 07:00 AM
You gave 'em hell this year Jeff.

Thanks for all the great reports.

Now you can chase Stripers in August and then in September we should have a good run of fall Halfpounder Steelhead in the lower reaches.

Scott V
07-24-2008, 07:13 AM
You sure are one dedicated shad fisherman Jeff. Thanks for all the help and advise you have given me this year.

Charlie Gonzales
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow...I think this the first year in ages that I didnt catch more than 20 shad for the season, if I caught that many. But I can also count the number of trips out on one hand.

I really wanted to try something different(for me) this season and I didnt get a chance to. I had thought of going after them like Lower Sac trout, you know, puff balls and a long leader. Anybody else try this out of a boat before? I guess I will give it a shot in about 10 months or so.