PDA

View Full Version : Cooper's Minipi Camps in Labrador, Canada

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-23-2008, 08:00 AM
http://www.minipicamps.com/img/pic_home_02.jpg

http://www.minipicamps.com/

I am finally going Thursday..................yahoo.

I have read about this place and watched Lee & Joanne Wulff's movies about Cooper's Minipi Camps for years.

Old Joe Shirshac has been going here for years and now Keith Kaneko's 'Angling On The Fly' travel service at our shop has yearly trips there now.

The giant Brook Trout here average 4 pounds and are taken on large adult mayfly patterns. weekly fish to near 8 pounds are landed.

It is a series of lakes and rivers intermingling with some near by ponds as well.

It has Pike there too so I am really excited now.

This is one of the top fly fishing destinations of all time.

I will have a report with pictures when I return.

Scott V
07-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Have a great time Bill, I have heard there is nothing quite like a big ol' pike coming in for the kill on top water flies.

Ed Wahl
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Bill, if you don't have pics at the end of this I swear I'll hunt you down and beat you with a dead carp. :wink: Wish I was going too. Ed

Ed Wahl
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey Scott, go Brookie fishing in Oct. The males will look just like the one in the pic here, only a lot smaller. :lol: Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Leaving today and I will try to get a lot of photos.....

Don Powell
08-03-2008, 09:33 PM
O.K. Bill, I am waiting anxiously for the pix and report on the Labrador trip...
Timing, in regards to weather and the hatches is everything...I hope you have a moment to share your recent adventure experiences to one of the wildest places remaining on the planet.
Keith Kaneko and I had a "lifetime trip" there last July, I hope you did even better this year...
Regardless, Keith and I shall return in July, 2009.
No one should miss an opportunity to fish one of the most remote (virtually roadless) expanses of earth remaining on the planet...can you say "uneducated" and "big" fish...

Don