PDA

View Full Version : TFO good guy report

Scott V
07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Sent in my 7 weight after I broke 2 guides. Sent in my rod last week with a check for $25 and got a brand new rod in the mail today.

You gotta love good customer service. :)

Rick J
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
I had the same experience - broke a 9 wt last year at Tarpon Cay Lodge and just got around to sending it in and received a new rod back within a week!

sacrivertrout
07-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Sent in my 7 weight after I broke 2 guides. Sent in my rod last week with a check for $25 and got a brand new rod in the mail today.

You gotta love good customer service. :)

TFO has the rods made in korea so a ticr rod fully made costs about $30. If a rod has a couple of hours of (US) rod repair it is cheaper to just send you a new rod. Tfo is really good about warranties. If you live in the area and break a tip and bring the rod to their headquarters they will give you a new rod for free on the spot. I have also heard of people having a X weight rod and wanting a different size rod and putting the $25 check in and asking for the different size rod and getting the different size rod. Some good points to having the rods made in korea I guess.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
G.Loomis has a pretty interesting rod warranty too.

It's called the Expediter Service.

If you break a G.Loomis fly rod you call their toll free Expediter number and give them them your credit card so they can charge you $50.00 and ship you a new rod.

When it comes you put your broken rod in the shipping case which has return postage.

In less than a week for $50.00 (that's shipping both ways and the service charge all in one) and you get a brand new fly rod made in the USA.

Hard to beat..........but these rods cost a little more too.

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/gloomis/en/g__loomis_homepage/customerservice/FAQ/xpeditor.html

Most all the rod companies have a good warranty now.

BigBill
07-17-2008, 10:38 PM
This is good news as I just broke my TFO pro series 4wt in half yesterday with a swift shut of the tailgate! Few things are worse than that crunching sound of your rod snapping!

mike N
07-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I can second the prompt service from TFO (once)and G Loomis (several times). No questions asked on the expediter service, but my broken rod with snake eye guides was replaced with single foot guides. Not a big deal, but not exactly the same. I would not say it made a difference in the rod performance though.

MN