PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!!!!

TaylerW
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I am leaving oregon on the 8th of august for college and am going to start my drive back to sacramento for good. the thing i need help with is that i want to goo the least amount out of my way,.... but i want to break up the drive into several days and fish the upper sac around dunsmuir and that area and i know nothing of the area...
any help would be really appreciated

Alastair
07-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey Striper, I just got back from a 3 day trip to the Upper Sac. I went to Cantara Loop and went in just in front of the parking lot. There was a good mayfly hatch both nights I was there. I tossed a Parachute Adams and got a couple small ones both evenings. From Canatara all the way down to Shasta Lake, you can get off at any exit and be right on top of the Upper Sac. Get yourself a map and be sure to go to Ted Fay's Fly Shop in Dunsmuir for info and everything you need. I also recommend highly a great place for breakfast and lunch that is right across the street from the fly shop. It's called The Cornerstone, absolutely the best food and service you will find in Siskiyou County. When I was having breakfast, the venerable, Upper Sac legend, Joe Kimsey was also having a bite to eat. He lives there so he knows! Good luck!

loganmike
07-15-2008, 06:40 AM
LS,
Yep, I agree with the above. Ted Fay will have a bunch of nice little free maps as to reccreation on the upper Sac. One thing to do is not be afraidd to walk a mile or 2 up or down the train tracks, as you will run into less people and see beautiful sites and maybe big fish.

Call Ted fay in case you won't be there when they are open and tell them your plan and ask for advice. They will give it and are GRRRRRREAT.

Tight lines.

me

MrBig
07-15-2008, 07:22 AM
I am leaving oregon on the 8th of august for college and am going to start my drive back to sacramento for good. the thing i need help with is that i want to goo the least amount out of my way,.... but i want to break up the drive into several days and fish the upper sac around dunsmuir and that area and i know nothing of the area...
any help would be really appreciated

PM sent.